Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chipotle Black Bean Soup

 


This is the best black bean soup recipe I have found.  
I got it from a cooking class that I went to with my good buddy Lynn WD presented by the Harvard Food Literacy Project.  They provided a delicious healthy lunch, talked about the Harvard Food Pyramid and then gave a cooking demo.  They did a really good job.  Notes on the recipe:  The canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in the latin section of grocery (use what you need and freeze flat the rest in ziplock).  I used homemade vegetable stock, but I'm sure chicken or bouillon would be fine.  I added a whole small can (without juice which I freeze for chili) of whole Muir Glen tomatoes and diced.  Also, I used yellow onions instead red/purple and cooked the soup in 20 minutes in my magnificent friend, Mr. pressure cooker! 

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for sharing the recipe. I hope they repeat that program/

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger