Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wolfeboro, NH Skiing

Last weekend we drove about two hours north to the cute town of Wolfeboro, NH on Lake Winnipesaukee to check out their groomed ski trails. The trails are located on very pretty wooded conservation land a few minutes outside the town.
On the trails (click on link and scroll down to see pretty woods) we were treated to lots of hills (up (bitching by me) and down (Weeeeeee. Dave went down a "black diamond.") to challenge us and pretty views of mountains and the lovely woods and a warming hut that we did not check out because we did not need warming. We had never skied on groomed trails before and we enjoyed how they let us really pick up speed and work on our form. By the end after a few hours of skiing, I was thoroughly exhausted and my arms felt like they were encased in cement (I think weight lifting a few days before got me) and although Dave still had plenty of gas in his tank we headed to a local pub to get a beer and some grub. What a fun time! I hope we make this trip again. I'm really glad we finally bought some skies--they are making the winter much more enjoyable. I will post some picts. of our trip soon. There are some good ones of Dave hurling down a steep hill!

1 comment:

  1. You and Dave are becoming snowbunnies! I like the slideshow you added. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger